Random Drawing Method at OnPitRow.com
We run plenty of contests and give away some very cool things here at OnPitRow.com. In return our readers post some of the most insightful commentary to be found anywhere in the race-writing universe. And we want to be totally fair and transparent in the way we choose the winners of our contests. So, I blatantly copied OneBadWheel’s way of determining random winners because it’s the best I’ve seen . Thanks Darren…. Again!
Here is the method for random drawing at OnPitRow.com.
- Take each valid entry and place them on their own line in an excel spreadsheet.
- Use a Random Sequence Generator to create a truly random list of numbers equal to the number of entrants for the contest.
- Paste that random sequence of numbers into the spreadsheet, one number next to each entry.
- Sort the spreadsheet by this random sequence of numbers to have an ascending list of entrants now randomized by the random number sequence.
- Generate one single random number with 1 being the lowest number and the total entrants the highest number.
- The entry on the spreadsheet that matches that random number is the winner.