Heluva Good! Fast Facts
- There have been 28 Cup races held on the road course at The Glen.
- There have been 17 different race winners and 16 drivers have won the pole.
- Nine races have been won from the first starting position. Kyle Busch was the most recent to do it in 2008.
- Tony Stewart has five wins while Mark Martin and the late Dale Earnhardt had three poles each. These are the all-time bests.
- Mark Martin has 12 Top Fives and 16 Top Tens, all-time bests.He is tops with 20 lead lap finishes as well.
- Jeff Gordon has led the most laps with 227.
- Martin has never had a DNF in 21 career races.
- The Shrub is the youngest previous winner. He was 23 years, 3 months and 8 days old when he won the race on 8/10/2008. Geoff Bodine was 47 years, 3 months and 24 days old when he won on 8/11/1996.
- Sure Watkins Glen is a road course and so is Infineon Raceway. But they aren’t much alike. Look at the stats for Infineon when setting your teams. But Boris Said and Ron Fellows stats don’t look all that good and neither do Robby Gordon’s. They will be up front though and could be factors this week.
You can sink your teeth into 40 some pages of NASCAR Loop stats for the Glen by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.
- Noon PM ET Friday 8/12 First Practice on Speed
- 4:00 PM ET Friday 8/12 Practice on Speed
- 11:30 AM ET Saturday 8/13 Qualifying on Speed
- 1:00 PM ET Sunday 8/14 Pocono 500 live on ESPN