Texas Motor Speedway
GAS Fast Facts
- The 2012 AAA Texas 500 will be the 23rd Cup Series race held at The Great American Speedway and the first scheduled night race.
- There have only been 16 different winners and 16 drivers have won the pole.
- Just one driver has won from the first starting position and Kasey Kahne is that guy, having won from pole back in April 2006.
- Carl Edwards is a 3 time TMS winner, tops all-time. Martin Trues Jr, Dale Earnhardt Jr, Jeff Gordon, Bobby Labonte and Ryan Newman each have 2 poles.
- Matt Kenseth has 11 Top Fives and 14 Top Tens. Those are all-time bests.
- Kenseth has led 771 laps. Tops.
- Kevin Harvick has not had a DNF in 19 races. Joe Nemechek has had 10.
- Newman is the youngest Texas winner. He was 25 years, 3 months and 22 days old when he won the race on 3/30/2003. Dale Jarrett was 44 years, 4 months and 6 days old when he won on April Fools Days 2001. No foolin’..
- Texas Motor Speedway is one many 1.5 and 2.0 mile tracks the we class as Speedway Tracks in the On Pit Row stats. But all Speedways are not the same. Look at the stats for the other high-banked 1.5 milers, Las Vegas, Charlotte and Atlanta – for similar track performance. And if you have drivers who do well when it’s really fast, this track is really fast.
Race Weekend Schedule
Pre-race Loop Data for the 2010 AAA Texas 500
Pre-race Loop Data stats for the 2010 Samsung Mobile 500
Pre-race Loop Data stats for the 2009 Dickies 500