Phoenix International Raceway
Phoenix Phast Phacts
- The 2012 AdvoCare 500 will be the 33rd Sprint Cup race at Phoenix International Raceway.
- There have been 23 race winners and 19 different.drivers have won the pole.
- Four races have been won from the first starting position. Carl Edwards was the most recent winner to start on pole, on 11/14/2010.
- Jimmie Johnson is the only four time PIR race winner. Ryan Newman leads all drivers with four career poles.
- Mark Martin has been the mark of consistency here with 12 Top Fives, 20 Top Tens and 27 Lead Lap Finishes, each an all-time PIR best .
- Johnson has led 931 laps for the career lead.
- Tony Stewart has not had a DNF at Phoenix, in 21 starts.
- Kyle Busch is the youngest Phoenix winner. He was 20 years, 6 months and 11 days old when he won the race on 11/13/2005. Martin was 50 years, 3 months and 9 days old when he won here on 4/18/2009.
- Phoenix is a one mile oval and relatively flat. NASCAR speedway’s are race tracks that are over 1 mile and not more than 2 miles in length. With the exception of Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Pocono Raceway which are both 2.50 miles. We keep them classified in the Speedway track type due to their unique configurations and relatively flat banking in the turns. So look at Speedway Track results. But I would look at how drivers do at tracks like Richmond and Martinsville, both flat tracks.
Click the link below to view – and download if you want – a ton of up to the minute, NASCAR Loop Data from PIR for all of your Sprint Cup Series heroes.
- 2:00 PM ET Friday 11/9 First Practice on Speed
- 6:00 PM ET Friday 11/9 Qualifying on Speed
- 11:30 AM ET Saturday 11/10 Practice on Speed
- 2:30 PM ET Saturday 11/10 Practice on Speed
- 2:00 PM ET Sunday 11/11 AdvoCare 500 live on ESPN