Michigan International Speedway
- The 2012 Quicken Loans 400 will be the 87th Cup race at Michigan Speedway.
- There have been 34 different race winners and 41 drivers have won the pole.
- 16 times the winner has started from the first position. Brian Vickers won his MIS race from the pole on 8/16/2009.
- Awesome Bill Elliot has seven wins and six poles, both active driver bests. David Pearson won nine times and took pole 10.
- Jeff Gordon and Mark Martin have 18 Top Fives while Cale Yarborough had 21. Martin has 31 Top Tens, all-time best.
- Elliott has led the most laps of active drivers with 1004. Yarborough led 1308.
- Greg Biffle has never had an MIS DNF in 19 MIS races.
- Kurt Busch is the youngest previous winner. He was 24 years, 10 months and 11 days old when he won the race on 6/15/2003. Harry Gant was 52 years, 7 months and 6 days old when he won on 6/17/1990.
- Michigan Speedway is one of two, 2.0 mile super speedways on the NASCAR Sprint Cup circuit. It is very similar to California Speedway so look here at Loop Data Stats for California when predicting MIS performance. Also consider Atlanta, Charlotte and Texas, all fast 1.5 milers that tend to have fuel mileage strategy finishes.
Race Weekend Schedule
Pure Michigan 400
- 12:30 PM ET Friday 8/17 First Practice on Speed
- 4:00 PM ET Friday 8/17 Qualifying on Speed
- 8:30 AM ET Saturday 8/18 Practice on Speed
- 11:00 AM ET Saturday 8/18 Practice on Speed
- Noon ET Sunday 8/19Pure Michigan 400 live on ESPN
Pre-race Loop Data stats for the 2012 Pure Michigan 400
Pre-race Loop Data stats for the 2009 Carfax 400 at Michigan
Pre Race Loop Data Stats for Lifelock 400 at MIS