- The 2012 Tum’s Fast Relief 500 will be the 128th Cup Series race held at Martinsville Speedway.
- There have only been 47 different winners and 57 have won the pole. Watch for drivers with a track-record here.
- 19 drivers have won from the first starting position and Denny Hamlin was the last to do it in the last race here, back in October 2010.
- Jeff Gordon leads active drivers with seven wins and seven poles. Richard Petty won here 15 times and Darrell Waltrip has eight career poles.
- Gordon has 25 Top Fives and 31 Top Tens. Petty had 30 and 37 respectively.
- Gordon has led 3423 laps while Cale Yarborough led 3851.
- The most amazing stat of all – to me at least – is that Gordon has never had a DNF at Martinsville. That’s in 39 races so far, and the best of all-time.
- Petty is the youngest Martinsville winner. He was 22 years, 9 months and 8 days old when he won the race on 4/10/1960. Harry Gant was 51 years, 8 months and 12 days old when he won on 9/22/1991.
- Martinsville Speedway is one three tracks that we class as Short Tracks in the On Pit Row stats. Look at the stats for the others – Bristol and Richmond. But take a look at the stats for New Hampshire Motor Speedway too. It is longer, but the flat configuration and similar turns compare with Martinsville.
- You can view 40 pages of NASCAR Loop Data stats by clicking the link at the bottom of this page. Then click here to go to our complete NASCAR stats pages for even more. It’s a stat geek’s heaven!
Race Weekend Schedule
- Noon ET Friday 10/26 First Practice on Speed
- 3:30 PM ET Friday 10/26 Qualifying – on Speed
- 9:30 AM ET Saturday 10/27 Practice on Speed
- Noon ET Saturday 10/27 Practice on Speed
- 1:00 PM ET Sunday 10/28Tum’s Fast Relief 500 live on ESPN