Charlotte Motor Speedway
- The 2012 Bank of America 500 will be Charlotte Motor Speedway’s 108th Cup race.
- There have been 44 different winners and 40 drivers have won the pole.
- 14 times the winner has started from the first position. Jimmie Johnson was the most recent to do it, in October of 2009.
- Johnson has won six times at CMS which ties him with Bobby Allison and Darrell Waltrip for all-time best. Ryan Newman nine poles (out of 23 starts!!), to lead actives. Hall of Famer David Pearson had 14 of ‘em (in 46 starts).
- Mark Martin is the active leader in Top Fives and Top Tens with 18 and 23. Allison and Richard Petty had 23 top fives while Petty grabbed 31 top tens.
- Johnson has led 1386 laps but Mr.Allison led more – 2339.
- Martin Truex has not had a DNF here in 14 races. Dave Marcis Did Not Finish in 36 of his 54 tries.
- Jeff Gordon is the youngest previous winner. He was 22 years, 9 months and 25 days old when he won the race on 5/29/1994. Cale Yarborough was 46 years, 6 months and 9 days old when he won on 10/6/1985.
- Charlotte is a 1.5 mile steeply banked tri-oval, very similar to and somewhat like Texas Motor Speedway Atlanta and Las vegas. Look at stats for all of those tracks when picking your teams.
You can scope out 40 pages of NASCAR Loop data stats for the upcoming race by clicking on the link towards the bottom of the page. And there are tons of stats for Charlotte Motor Speedway and your favorite drivers at our On Pit Row stat site here.
- 3:30 PM ET Thursday 10/11 First Practice on ESPN2
- 7:00 PM ET Thursday 10/11 Qualifying on ESPN2
- 3:00 PM ET Friday 10/12 Practice
- 5:30 PM ET Friday 10/12 Practice on ESPN2
- 7:00 PM ET Saturday 10/13Bank of America 500 live on ABC