Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- The 2012 Kobalt Tools 400 will be the 15th Sprint Cup race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- Eight different drivers have won Cup races at Vegas and 10 have won the pole.
- Kyle Busch is the only driver to win from the first starting position and he did it in March of 2009.
- Jimmie Johnson leads all drivers in career LVMS race wins with four. Busch, Dale Jarrett, Bobby Labonte and Kasey Kahne each have two career poles.
- Mark Martin and Jeff Gordon each have six Top Fives and Martin has 10 Top Tens. All are all-time bests at the track.
- Gordon has led 455 laps, the most all-time.
- Jeff Burton has never had a DNF at Vegas, which is true at a lot of tracks.
- Kyle Busch is the youngest LVMS winner. He was 23 years, 9 months and 27 days old when he won the race in 2009. Sterling Marlin was 44 years, 8 months and 3 days old when he won on 3/3/2002.
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway is one of the many 1.5 mile tracks that we class as a Speedway in the On Pit Row stats. Vegas is most similar to Texas Motor Speedway, Alatanta and Charolotte. They are all 1.5 mile steeply banked and fast. So look at the stats for drivers who do well at those tracks too.
Race Weekend Schedule
- 3:00 PM ET Friday 3/9 First Practice on Speed
- 6:30 PM ET Friday 3/9 Qualifying – on Speed
- 12:30 PM ET Saturday 3/10 Practice on Speed
- 3:00 PM ET Saturday 3/10 Practice on Speed
- 3:00 PM ET Sunday 3/6 Kobalt Tools 400 live on Fox