Lady in Black Fast Facts
- The Track Too Tough to Tame will host its 109th Cup race Saturday night..
- There have been 45 different winners and 47 drivers have won the pole.
- 19 times the winner has started from the first position but it’s been a while. Dale Jarrett was the last to do it. That was in March of 1997.
- Jeff Gordon has won seven times at Darlington. Bill Elliott has 5 poles to lead active drivers. Hall of Famer, David Pearson had 12 poles and 10 wins at the Lady.
- Elliott has 22 Top Fives and 35 Top Tens. Richard Petty had 25 Top Fives but Elliott is all-time leader in Top Tens.
- Gordon has led 1720 laps but Dale Earnhardt Sr led more – 2648.
- Elliot Sadler has not had a DNF here but Buddy Baker Did Not Finish 34 times!
- Kyle Busch is once again the youngest previous winner. He was 23 years, 0 months and 8 days old when he won the race on 5/10/2008. Harry Gant was 51 years, 7 months and 22 days old when he won on 9/1/1991.
- Darlington was the first Super Speedway, but is classed now as a Speedway Type track. It is a unique, egg-shaped track with high banks. I think it is most similar to Dover and Bristol actually. I would look at Loop Data for those 2 tracks when making my choices for Darlington.
Check out nearly forty pages of NASCAR Loop Data stats about your favorite drivers performances in the last four races at the Lady in Black. Click the link at the bottom of this post.
- 11:30 AM ET Friday 5/11 First Practice on Speed
- 2:00 PM ET Friday 5/11 Practice on Speed
- 5:00 PM ET Friday 5/11 Qualifying on Speed
- 6:30 PM ET Saturday 5/12 Bojangles’ Southern 500 live on Fox