Chicagoland Fast Facts
- There have been 11 Sprint Cup Series races at Chicagoland Speedway. 10 drivers have sat on the pole and eight different drivers have won races.
- Only Kyle Busch has won both the pole and the race. Kyle did it in 2008.
- Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewart are the only multiple Chicagoland winners. Smoke has three wins and has Happy, two.
- Stewart has eight top fives and nine top tens.
- Kyle Busch is the youngest Chicago winner. The Shrub was 23 years, 2 months and 10 days old when he won the race in 2008. That was one week after he became the youngest ever winner at Daytona. Mark Martin is the oldest Chicagoland victor and he was 50 years, 6 months and 2 days old in 2009 when he won.
- Richard Petty never won a race at Chicagoland. But, he never raced there either.
- Chicagoland is a Speedway type tracks in the On Pit Row stats. There are many 1.5 mile tracks in the Speedways, but they aren’t all the same. Chicago is most like Kansas Speedway – not as high banked as tracks like Texas and Atlanta. Here’s a link to the Loop stats on our Kansas Speedway track page. You may want to take a look at them.
You can find about 40 pages of Loop Data stats like these by clicking the link at the end of this page.
Race Weekend Schedule
- 1:00 PM ET Friday 9/14 First Practice – on ESPN2
- 4:00 PM ET Friday 9/14 Practice – on ESPN2
- 1:30 PM ET Saturday 9/15 Qualifying – on Speed
- 1:00 PM ET Sunday 9/16 GEICO 400 Live on ESPN