Bristol Motor Speedway
- NASCAR has held 102 Cup Series races at Bristol Motor Speedway. There have been 39 different race winners and 45 different drivers have won the pole.
- 22 races have been won from the number one starting position. Carl Edwards was the last to do it – in the night race in 2008.
- Jeff Gordon Kyle and Kurt Busch lead active drivers with 5 wins each. Darrell Waltrip won 12 times at Bristol. Mark Martin is the active pole leader with nine and that ties him for the all-time lead with Cale Yarborough.
- NASCAR still has Terry Labonte listed as the active driver leader with 19 top fives and 33 top tens. The all-time top five lead is shared by Waltrip and Richard Petty with 26. Petty is the top ten King with 37, in 60 Bristol starts.
- Gordon has finished on the lead lap 26 times, the all-time leader.
- Kyle Busch is the youngest Bristol winner so far. He was 21 years, 10 months and 23 days old when he won the race on 3/25/2007. Dale Earnhardt was 48 years, 3 months and 30 days young when he won in August 1999.
- Bristol is a Short Track type track in the On Pit Row stats. Short Tracks are defined as less than one mile in length. Bristol is a half mile track, like Martinsville, but the similarity really ends there between the two tracks.To me, Bristol is more like the one mile Dover International Speedway. Look at the Short Track stats and the stats for Dover. Here’s a link to those Loop Stats at our Dover Internaional Speedway track page.
Race Weekend Schedule
- Noon ET Friday 8/24 First Practice – on Speed
- 2:30 PM ET Friday 8/24 Practice – on Speed
- 5:00 PM ET Friday 8/24 – Qualifying on ESPN2
- 7:00 PM ET Saturday 8/25 Irwin Tools Night Race at Bristol live on ABC
You can download about 40 pages of NASCAR Loop Data stats for the next race and the last race below.